Sunday 24 February 2013

Telus Science Museum

Hi, 
Here is a exciting update on what I have been up to in my Canadian adventure. One of the most interesting things that I have done was when I visited the Telus Science Museum in Calgary. Here, they had on a exhibition which was all about how they created monsters in movies. There was lot's of information and one of the things that I found interesting was that when they were shooting the Gorillas in the movie Jungle run the actors playing the Gorillas had to keep the Gorilla heads on for up to 12 hours a day whilst shooting the movie. Another fact which amazed me was that the producer felt that the hairs on the gorilla looked scruffy so they had to change it. To do this 4 wigmakers who had spent a week and a half punching each individual hair in to 16 sets of hands previously, had to take them all out and punch them all back in the opposite direction !!!! I would recommend going to the museum as there is plenty of interesting facts and hand on things to do. If you have time there is a 360 degrees I max theatre that has different show's on. Very impressive and well worth going. We went to Tornado Alley and felt like we were actually inside the tornado it's that exciting !!!








This is a picture which is shows the different layers that the actors had to wear when playing the Gorillas in Jungle Run.







Thanks for reading

Michael


No comments:

Post a Comment