Sunday 3 February 2013

First day at High School

Hi guys,


This was the day in which I started High School in a new country. Ring Ring 6:30  it's the sound of the alarm clock and it's time to get up. Let me tell you it was hard work the first day getting up as I had settled in to a routine of taking my time in the mornings as I hadn't been at school in over a month. I did my usual routine showering, breakfast and doing the washing up. Then it was time to leave for school. I arrived at 8:30 am and went to reception to see what I was supposed to do. Fortunately, I wasn't the only new person starting and we were given a tour so we knew where we were going. I then bought the books I needed before walking in to my first lesson Drama. As it was a new class and we didn't know everybody we had to introduce our self I went 'Hi my name is Michael from the UK' OMG the response was unbelievable and they were like 'that's so cool' 'can you teach me a British accent' and ironically 'what's the weather like?' which I replied 'It rains a lot !!'. The rest of the day went well from been invited to Tim Horton's at lunch to meeting new Staff and Teacher's alike. I really enjoyed my first day as everyone was really friendly and helpful. A big change for me was that there lessons are nearly 90 minutes long compared to at my old school when they were 55 minutes long.

Blog soon

Michael  

No comments:

Post a Comment